Looking for a challenging position as an Oracle/SQL Server/MongoDB/Postgresql DBA/Consultant
- Extensive experience of 15+ years in IT industry at various positions/levels.
- Extensive experience of installation, upgrade, administration, migration, troubleshooting, implementation and support of Oracle 19c / 18c / 12c / 11g / 10g / 9i / 8i databases on AIX, HP-Unix/Linux and Sun-Solaris servers as an Oracle DBA
- Supported Development, Testing/QA, Training and Production environments
- Expertise in database Backup/Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning tools ADDM, AWR, ASH, STATSPACK
- Effectively worked with Management, Clients/End Users to produce user and technical documentation
- Experience of Unix shell scripting
- Well versed with MS-Azure and ORACLE Cloud technologies
- Extensive Coding, Design and Requirements Analysis experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Adaptable and self-motivated, ready to learn and work on new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills; and a quick learner of new technologies
- A good organized team player and team leader, like to work in a challenging environment, mentor junior DBAs/developers and work to help them managing their workload and making sure the SLAs / Project deadlines are met.
* Click the button to send an offerSend Offer
Senior Database Administrator
Planned, Installed, configured and upgraded Oracle server software and related products RAC and non-RAC both with ASM.
Supported DEV/SIT/BAT/PAT & PROD environments for different projects – AML, Filenet
Upgraded and migrated oracle 11g databases in DEV, SIT, PAT & PROD to 19c using data-pump export/import.
Upgraded and migrated databases from physical (non-cloud) environments to cloud environ-ments
Assisted in database administration and management of Oracle database systems on Exadata.
Upgraded and migrated oracle databases 12cR1 on Linux to 12cR2 OCAC - Exadata machine using datapump export/import.
Downloaded and managed scripts using source code version control systems like GitHub, MKS (PC Integrity)
Created and Managed Grid/ASM, RAC databases comprising of multiple nodes on AIX, Linux and Solaris systems
Refreshed/Cloned DEV/SIT/BAT/PAT & PROD environments for project teams using datapump export/import, RMAN active database duplication and restore
Used SQL*Loader as per requirement.
Developed Shell scripts to automate different database tasks.
Hardening of the databases across environments related to security and auditing as per TD standards.
Created and modified databases, objects, BIG/Small encrypted - non encrypted tablespaces, services, datapump directories etc.
Enforced and maintained database constraints to ensure the integrity of the database
Coordinated with different teams e.g. Unix, AIX, SAN, and Network for database build and sup-port.
Experience of managing Oracle12c on Cloud such as OCAC, Rackspace and VMWARE.
Monitored users, tablespaces, memory structures, logs and alerts.
Configured Oracle RMAN Online/Offline/Full/Incremental with Tivoli.
Planned and carried out RMAN database backup and recovery in different PROD and Non-PROD environments as required from time to time.
Performed Application and database tuning, worked with Developers helping optimized SQL per-formance using ASH, statspack, OS Statistics
Performed Application and database tuning, worked with Developers helping optimized SQL per-formance using AWR/ADDM, sql profiles.
Setup and Managed Standby databases - Data Guard for performing both planned and un-planned switchovers and failovers
Rebuild Standby/Disaster Recovery (DR) environments using RMAN - incremental backups, RMAN active database duplication.
Provided on-site and off-site support in all environments.
Collected, managed and analyzed statistical data and produced reports for capacity planning
Monitored the databases, and appropriate action was taken on the alerts
Performed diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of database issues
Worked with Application Team(s) for new Deployments/ Enhancements
Engaged Oracle Support to work with and resolve Critical Sev1 & 2 issues
Analyzed and applied quarterly patches in DEV/SIT/BAT/PAT and finally planned and applied those patches in the production environment during maintenance window
Analyzed and developed improvements to DBA Services, Processes and Practices
Effectively worked with Management, Clients/End Users to produce user and technical docu-mentation e.g. ASDP Docs.
Participated and conducted annual Disaster Recovery (DR)/Business Continuity/Contingency Plan (BCP) testing
Responsible for testing, patching, troubleshooting, optimization and maintenance of SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 databases
Install and setting up SSIS, SSAS and SSRS servers, deploy SSIS/SSRS packages and pro-jects.
Checked and monitored database replication, log shipping, mirroring, backup/ restore and maintenance jobs.
Master's in Computer Science