Associate Data Engineer
Graduate programme as part of on-boarding to the company including a period of intensive technical training with follow up delivery of skills through integration into an experienced professional data engineering and analytics team
• Acquired extensive knowledge on various technologies such as Java, Spring, HTML5, Angular, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, Postgres, AWS, Git, RESTful Services through training and these technologies in our graduate programme project and on our teams.
• Created an internal platform which enabled developers to set up and provision all components needed to create a new application or product in a centralised location which resulted in increased development time.
• Responsible for creating and testing database functions to effectively manage client loan requests for clientele based in the US.
• Played a key role in the migration of on-premise databases onto AWS through liaising with the Data Architect.
Customer Support Executive
• Working on the GP Support Team troubleshooting our in-house developed software for Pharmacies in Ireland and the UK either over the phone or via Remote Dial In
• Troubleshooting hardware problems e.g. PCs/Printers/Networks/Scanners • Resolving customer issues and providing coaching to team members to enhance their competence in issue resolution.
• Testing new versions of the software and liaising with the Development Department to report any potential issues found.
• Testing any new hardware we supply.
• Liaising with our engineers to arrange site visits for issues that cannot be solved over the phone or remote dial in and working with the engineer to resolve
• Logging and Tracking all issues in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Software Development Engineer Intern
• Provisioning and migration of AWS hosts and EC2 instances in order to prevent service interruption.
• Responsible for designing and implementing new error message system which allowed errors to be categorized. This provided the team with a means of performing analysis on errors and error types.
• Maintenance of project documentation and the overall error message system for the team’s main application.
Bsc. in Computer Science & Information Technology
National University of Ireland, Galway, Jan 2013 – May 2017 Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Information Technology – Level 8
Modules Studied: Distributed Systems & Co-Operative Computing, Advanced Professional Skills, Machine Learning & Data Mining, Software Engineering III, Artificial Intelligence, Graphics & Image Processing, Systems Modelling and Simulation, Computer Security & Forensic Computing, Real Time Systems, Modern Information Management, Final Year Project.
Modules Studied: Next Generation Technologies III 58%, Professional Skills 67%, Human Computer Interaction 57%, Programming III 73%, Programming Paradigms 55%, Networks and Data Communications 61%, Database
Systems II 53%, Organizational Innovation 100%, Professional Experience Programme in Information Technology Pass, Software Engineering II 56%.
Modules Studied: Computer Systems & Organization 54%, Software Engineering I 55%, Programming II 40%, Database Systems I 70%, Professional Skills I 47%, Introduction to Statistical Data and Probability 60%, Introduction to Modelling 48%, Next Generation Technologies II 71%, Linear Algebra 61%, Discrete Mathematics 65%.
Modules Studied: Computing Systems, Algorithms & Information Systems, Programming I, Next Generation Technologies I, Fundamentals of Electrical & Electronic Engineering I, Introduction to Physics.